Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Update from NYC

Most of you are probably wondering how the trip to New York City went.  What we thought of Dr. Najjar.  What Dr. Najjar thought of Lily Bird.  And what is next for us.

Well.... it's hard to put into words all the thoughts spinning in my head.  In fact, I'm still processing so much information that I haven't been able to put anything down in writing quite yet.

But my husband has, thankfully.

So for those of you who want either a quick summary or for those of you who want the nitty-gritty details of what went down in The Big Apple, I'm going to send you right along to Ryan's blog, www.ryanrush.com because so far, he's the only one of us who's been able to put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) and get everyone updated.

Click here for the link.

One more thing - please know how much we appreciate each and every single one of you for your prayers, good thoughts, kind notes, and words of encouragement.  Honestly, we have never felt more prayed for in all our lives.  What a blessing to share this journey with you.  

And we don't mind one little bit if you keep right on praying!
Say Amen  www.say-amen.blogspot.com

7 comments:

  1. Poor Lily-Bird has been through so much from what your husband has described. Praying for the right answers and treatment for your sweet girl. How awesome was it that the big girls came out too?!? Just goes to show what great parents y'all are and how much they love their baby sister ;)

    Lots of love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brandi! We're happy to be back home and anxious to get started on a treatment plan.

      Delete
  2. I've been reading your blog for quite some time and I have very happy for you all on the latest news. I have a 4/12 year old son with Autism, and so I can't help but ask you how someone like myself might go about getting an apt with this Doctor in New York? My son had amputation surgery when he was 7/12 mths old and (unfortunately) was vaccinated until age 2. I believe he is sick, something is wrong with his brain but I have faith and hope that he can recover. I'd love any advice/recommendations about contacting this physician whenever you have a chance. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristina - You can reach Dr. Najjar's office at (646) 558-0800. More than likely, they will ask for your son's medical records from the past year - any doctors he has seen, any bloodwork he's had done, any medical procedures, etc... so be prepared to FedEx all of that. It will more than likely take a while to actually get the appointment so I would call ASAP to get the ball rolling. In the meantime, google Dr. Souhel Najjar and you should be able to find several clips that give you an idea of what he does. Also, I highly recommend reading Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan if you haven't already. Please let me know if I can do anything else - and also let me know if you get in. I'd love to hear about it!

      Delete
  3. Thank you! Will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read it. Love it. Love you guys more now than I ever have, and that's a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have goosebumps & tears! I'm so excited! I love Dr Najjar! Continuing to pray & looking forward to the progression this year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...