Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Talk to Me Tuesday

I think I've found a new motto for life:

FUN TIMES

I don't know about you, but lately, I've been having a few too many broccoli days.  I think it's time for some ice cream.

We can talk about special needs another day.

Let's do something just for fun, ok?

Let's play a little game. 

And here's the rules:  I'm going to ask you two totally unrelated questions.  And then you're going to leave a comment with your answers to my two questions.

OK?  OK!

Here we go:

Question Number One -

Out of all the foods that you know dadgum good and well are just horrible for you and have no nutritional value to them whatsoever, what are the ones you just have to eat every now and then?

Me:

McDonald's Filet of Fish sandwiches
McDonald's sausage patties
Deep Fat Fried Mozzarella Sticks 
Corn Dogs with Mustard

Question Number Two -

What are some of your most favorite books from childhood?

Me:

The Ramona books by Beverly Cleary
Charlotte's Web
Nancy Drew books

Now it's your turn!  Leave me a comment and let's get to know each other better.

And hey, if you've been lurking around the blog, why don't you just click that little button over there and become an official follower?  Go ahead.  You know you want to....

Also, this week only, there just might be a special extra post.... so be sure to check back!

Now talk to me, people!



14 comments:

  1. 1)Papa John's Pizza (or any pizza)
    Chips and Queso from basically anywhere
    #1 at Chick-Fil-A WITH a Lemonade
    Chocolate chip cookies

    2) I read every single Sweet Valley High book LOVED! and I think I will link my blog to your today and follow your motto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. You just crack me up with the Filet of fish sandwich. Hilarious. I will never let you live that one down.

    I'd have to say blizzards with snickers. I try to never drive by a dairy queen.

    2. When I was very young, I loved the Berenstain Bears, and later, Anne of Green Gables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Cheese curls and diet coke.
    2. The Outsiders when I was a pre-teen. I just loved Johnny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now I will eat anything I don't have to make. Kids are sick and I'm really wanting a Domino's pizza....

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Any kind of sweet pastry...definitely my weakness. Coke...gotta have it...sometimes.

    2. I love to read! So many books! Gah! Beverly Cleary books. Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys. Anne of Grren Gables Series. Little Women series. Sweet Valley High series. There's just too many...I read 10 books a week from the time I was 8 till 18...I was definitely a bookworm!

    This was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Cookies! Chocolate chip, sugar, oatmeal, peanut butter, tea cakes... :)

    2. The Baby-sitters Club series were my favorite when I was in elementary school. I loved Beverly Cleary too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there,
    I have been following your journey for a little while now :) lovely to learn more about the person behind the beautiful kids.

    1. Pavlova/meringue
    2. Roald Dahl, and anythhing Judy Blume.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, man, hard to choose.

    1. The Whataburger fried chicken sandwich and french fries comes to mind. Yum.

    2. I read lots of Sweet Valley High, Beverly Cleary, Judy Blume, that kind of stuff. Someone mentioned The Outsiders. Sad to say I've never read the book but it's one of my all-time favorite movies. "Stay gold, Ponyboy."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Panda Express, Pound cake, double stuff oreos

    Anything by Judy Blume but my favorite was Are you There God, It's me, Margaret. I also loved The Trumpet of the Swan, The Nancy Drew mysteries, and Little Women...but then again, when it comes to books, I could go on forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. Chicken strip basket from sonic with a diet cherry vanilla dr. Pepper or anything from chick-fil-a with a sweet tea ;)
    2. I read ALL of the Baby-Sitters Club books when I was young. I also liked Nancy Drew.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. Sonic Cheese Tater Tots, Cheese Sticks, Queso - see a pattern? Yup, love me some cheese!

    2. anything Judy Blume, Charlotte's Web- cried everytime I read it! - The Cay (the illustrator came to my elementary school!) but even at an early age, I was drawn to the non-fiction and biographical scene - The Diary of Anne Frank, all things about Elvis Presley, etc. I also loved books about horses.
    Great questions, my friend! I love these posts from time to time -
    and btw, we need to catch up soon - feel like we haven't chatted in FOREVER! (hugs til then)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't this fun?? Thanks to all of you who have already commented. And for those of you that haven't, what are you waiting for??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun post!!

    Ok - Peanut butter cups, mac-n-cheese, brownies...

    For books - The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg (read this 100s of times!) and City Boy by Herman Wouk (also read multiple times!) Now I want to go back and read them again!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Better late than never...LOL
    #1 - Heath Bar Blizzard! Route 44 Cokes from Sonic, and HOMEMADE ICE CREAM of any flavor!!
    #2 - Nancy Drew books, Ralph Moody books (Little Britches is one of them), Caddie Woodlawn, Charlottes Webb, Stuart Little, A Wrinkle in Time, and so much more! We grew up reading our time away in the hot summer and made weekly trips to the library.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...