Tuesday, November 29, 2011

You Might Be An Autism Parent If....

Are you a "twit"?

Or a "tweeter"?

I mean, do you "tweet"?

I'm not exactly sure what you call it but I'm wondering if you use Twitter.

And if you do, have you seen the #youmightbeanautismparentif conversation going on over there?

It was created by two autism moms - Jenny from Many Hats Mommy (who had the idea) and Elise from Raising Asperger's Kids (who created the hashtag, or subject for conversation).

See if you can relate to some of these tweets:

#youmightbeanautismparentif Your child can tell you something you said 3 yrs ago & the date you said it but can't tell you what he just read (@KatieMollo)

#youmightbeanautismparentif The only part of the play kitchen your child actually plays with are the buttons on the microwave (@donnamcmurray)

#youmightbeanautismparentif You are willing to sleep on your kids bedroom floor if that is what keeps him calm (@aspieside)

#youmightbeanautismparentif When you say "I don't know", you're accused of withholding information (@littlefluffycat)

#youmightbeanautismparentif The term IEP instantly conjures up the theme song to "ROCKY" in your head (@sunflowercyn)

Are you catching on now?

Do you have thoughts running through your head right now that you just know other autism parents can understand and appreciate?

Want to get in on the fun?

Then join me (@lanalrush) over on Twitter and have your say.

Come on - you know you want to....

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Although Parker doesn't have an official diagnosis yet, I could totally relate to a couple- especially the "witholding information" one :) I'd probably say, "when your kid begs to NOT have a birthday party" or "if your kid has chewed through or broken something that would seem to be humanly impossible"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I can catch these bits of wisdom from bloggy friends like you because I've been off Twitter for awhile now - too hard with the holidays and nasty IEPs and (sigh) life... I will get back there eventually. Meanwhile, thanks for the update!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...