Friday, September 9, 2011

Random Thoughts

There are a few things I want to tell you today but none of them are really connected so instead of trying to weave together a cohesive post with one paragraph flowing nicely into another, I'm just going to list my thoughts.

The no-heat hair video I showed you last week.

Have any of you tried this?  I only tried it once and didn't have much luck.  But I think I know why:  I didn't brush my hair out after letting it air dry even though she said to.  I'm a rebel that way.  The result?  Ratty looking curls.  So I'm going to try it again and this time, I'll follow the directions.

Dentistry.

This is on my mind for obvious reasons.  Why isn't there a product for children that removes tartar, cleans teeth, and freshens breath while chewing?  And not gum, either.  Something that's perfectly fine to chew up and swallow.  Obviously, the goal is to have all children brushing and flossing. But for some of us, dental care is next to impossible.  So wouldn't a product like this be better than nothing?  I mean, they have something like that for dogs.  Aren't kids teeth that much more important?

Easy Lunchboxes Give-Away Update.
EasyLunchboxes 3-compartment Bento Lunch Box Containers (Set of 4) BPA-Free. Easy-Open Lids (Not Leakproof)
I briefly mentioned that since we now have 101 followers, a give-away would be a great way to celebrate.  I've talked several times with Kelly Lester of Easy Lunchboxes and she is an absolutely lovely person.  I feel like I've made a new friend!  Anyway, she's running very low on product due to back-to-school purchasing (a wonderful problem for a business owner!) so she is more than happy to do a give-away for us but it will probably be in early November.  So keep checking in for more details.

Pinterest.

Oh my.  This is a dangerously addictive time suck - don't say I didn't warn you.  I have fallen in absolute love with it.  Basically, you create personal online bulletin boards.  Say you come across a great recipe or a fun craft idea.  You just "pin it" onto your board.  Then you can go back and look at your board when you need a good supper idea or you're feeling crafty.  The possibilities are endless - fun quotes, beautiful hairstyles, ways to decorate your home, organize your closet, books to read.... I could go on and on.

Good Game Idea for the Kiddos - Balloon Ping Pong.

Balloon Ping pong

I think the how-to of this is pretty self-explanatory.  Great for all the kiddos, but especially those with special needs and slower reflexes.  Good for working on eye-hand coordination and turn taking.  You wouldn't even really need a table.

Parents Magazine Blog Awards.

Don't forget to vote.  Use that cute pink button to your right.  And pass it along, too.  Thanks a bunch!

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...