Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The End of Volleyball

All good things must come to an end, and that includes volleyball.  The season is officially over for Reagan.  It was her first time to play and while I don't know a thing much about volleyball, I think she did great. 

I thought I'd share some pictures of my girl on the court, striking fear in the hearts of her opponents.








Most of these pictures were taken at a tournament at Texas School for the Deaf.  I'm always impressed with the ability of these athletes to not only participate in sports, but to do incredibly well, competing right alongside their "typical" peers. 

I came across an article written by Rick Reilly for ESPN magazine that tells an amazing story of overcoming disability.  I think you'll love it!  I recommend reading the article first and then watching the video.  Click here to check it out.

Enjoy your Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Hello right back at you! Thanks for stopping by UnplannedTripToHolland. I will definitely be checking out your blog - looks great!

    You happy for a little break from games/practices? I love it when my teen plays, but I really love it when she stops, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly - Honestly, I am not sad to see volleyball come to an end! I do love cheering at the games but I won't miss the 6:30 AM practices or eating supper in shifts according to the game schedule.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...