Monday, September 26, 2011

Celebrate!

Since Lily turned 5 last week, we had a little party over the weekend.  Both sets of grandparents were there so that made it extra special.

Despite past posts making you doubt my ability to count (click here and here if you need reminders), I promise there are five candles.  One of them is just behind another.


I think you'll be able to tell right away from the photo quality that I didn't take these pictures with my trusty iPhone camera.  Nope.  My oldest daughter, Ryley took them with her real camera!  So the pictures are extra good.

Lily is never really quite sure what to make of cupcakes because she's not real big on getting goop all over her hands.



But it looks like the yummy deliciousness is helping her overcome her distaste for goop on her hands.




Cupcake eating is serious business but I would say she would enjoyed it, don't you think?



Ryley also managed to capture the Bird's happiness over a new toy from her Virginia peeps - Uncle Alan, Aunt Amy, Austin, Aiden, and Ashlyn.


It's good to be five.



4 comments:

  1. Great photos!

    New follower here from the Sept.'11 Bloggy Moms Hop, http://babyfeetandpuppybreath.blogspot.com/
    Hope you will stop by and follow me back, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's such a sweetie. I wish the goop deterred me from eating cupcakes. I heard something so nice about your husband the other day, to which I replied, "You should meet his wife." Man, I was on fire that day.
    Happy birthday, Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow, Kelly. I'll be sure to drop by this week!

    Allison - You are too sweet! I want to hang out with you soon. Let's tweet with Espy and see if we can come up with something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww!

    Little Miss is also no a big fan of goop and will only consent to cupcakes if there are plenty of "napins" around, LOL. But sometimes, it truly is worth it to get that extra messy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...