Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

A couple weeks ago, I was reading my cousin's blog and saw a recipe for Sprinkle Cookies.  She had seen them on her friend's blog.  No matter where the recipe came from, it definitely looked like something my family would like.  

So Saturday afternoon found me in the kitchen making these yummy treats.  The girls thought they should be called Happy Cookies.  

Why don't you try the recipe for yourself and see if they make you happy, too?






We bagged some of the cookies up and took them to my in-laws to share.


Whether you have a chance to make cookies or not, I hope you'll take a few minutes today to remember the many, many servicemen and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for us.  

Ryan found a video featuring Bob Hope and his work with the military that I think would be wonderful to watch with your family.  While the video refers to Christmas, it's a fitting tribute for Memorial Day as well.  Click here to see it.

So today, spend some time with your family, have a cookout, and play outside.  And thank a soldier for allowing us the freedom to do those very things.

Have a great Memorial Day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...