Friday, April 15, 2011

A Reason to Cheer

I was reading one of my favorite blogs this morning and found something I just had to share with you. You will absolutely love this!

I am always, always, always preaching compassion to my big girls.  And when I see amazing examples of it, especially by teens, I am touched in a deep way.

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhTDWr6Sk94

Can you just imagine what it must be like to sit in those bleachers and see these precious girls, typical and special needs alike, come together in this way?  Can you imagine what effect this has not only on these girls and their families, but the whole school?   And the entire community?

This is the epitome of compassion in action.  Not being afraid to reach out to someone a little bit different.  Finding a way to connect.  And discovering that you're more alike than you are different.

Now click here to read an interview with Sarah Cronk, one of the two teen girls who came up with this incredible idea.

And if you are inspired to read even more and maybe even find out how to form a team, visit The Sparkle Effect website.

Now I'm off to do my chores with a smile on my face!

It's a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...