Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Plan for a Successful Night of Slumber

I'd like to begin by stating that last night was one of the worst nights of sleep I've had in quite some time.

I was reminded of Brownie Camp.

In fact, I would not have been the least bit surprised to discover that I would need to walk down pitch black, bug-infested, wooded trails armed only with a dim flashlight just to get to the potty.

Needless to say, I am not a camper of any kind.

Since Ryan is contagious and sequestered in our bedroom, I opted to sleep on the couch.  I had the incredibly comfortable denim couch with the cushy down filled cushions in the upstairs hangout room in mind when I made this decision.

Unfortunately, it became apparent that my plan was not to be.

I could not get a clear signal on the baby monitor which meant that I couldn't hear Lily if she woke up during the night.

I resigned myself to sleeping on the cold leather couch in the family room downstairs.

So between Ryan's coughs, Lily's music toy blaring"Buffalo Gal, Won't You Come Out Tonight?" about one million times, one of the big girls hitting snooze another million times, and my own coughing, I was almost relieved when Lily woke up at 6 AM and I could just call it a night.

I'm hoping for better success tonight.

I am risking it all and sleeping in my own bed.

I hear you gasping in horror at this proclamation but if I don't get some rest, everyone at this house will soon face the true ugliness that lurks deep within and rears it's head when sleep deprived.

Besides, you know me.

I have a plan!

First, I will put clean sheets on the bed.  

Then, I will construct an impenetrable wall between my side of the bed and Ryan's.

Next, I will thoroughly douse said wall in Lysol, which I will also spray with reckless abandon throughout the entire master bedroom.  (if the germs don't get me, the fumes might!)

Finally, I will take a nice dose of NyQuil,  place a lovely surgical mask from Lily's hospital days over my nose and mouth, and promptly pass out.

Surely this plan will not fail.

I can promise you one thing, though.

If I do end up getting sick(er), I'm not going to sequester myself in the bedroom.

No, siree-bob.

I'm heading straight to Lake Austin Spa and checking myself into The Quarantine Suite.

So you see, either way, I really can't lose.

3 comments:

  1. One answer.....your own personal bubble ....in hot pink ...you're welcome

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Espy - A mani/pedi, fuzzy pjs, hot pink personal bubble... have you considered a job in the medical profession? I would definitely make an appointment with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my....what a dilemma! Praying for all of you! Mom's need their rest and no one really thinks mom can get sick (because we just keep going because we have too!). Don't forget the hand sanitizer to put out where everyone (except Lily of course) can get to it..LOL! After all this is over..I think you deserve a day of total pampering!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...