Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I'm a Fan

I don't know if any of you have been following the Facebook conversation based on my list of 100 Blessings from yesterday's post but here it is in case you missed it.

 I'll just put it this way.... that's the last time I try to share with my family!  From this day forward, I'll just keep my blessings to myself, thank you very much.




  • I just read my mom's blog and apparently Reagan Rush is funny and I'm not. I just have "leadership skills."

    Whatever. Lana Rush, I know who your favorite daughter is now.
    20 hours ago · Privacy: ·  ·  · Share

      • Morgan Lewallen What is your mothers blog?
        20 hours ago · 

      • Travis Maclay You could always blog about your mom, ya know :-)
        20 hours ago · 

      • Ryley Rush Haha maybe so! She says she never said that anyway! :)

        alongcamethebird.com Morgan

        19 hours ago · 

      • Lana Rush 

        You know, you just can't win as a mom. I try to be nice and this is the thanks I get. I tried to tell Ryley she's funny LOOKING but that didn't go over well, either. Sigh...
        And Travis, please don't encourage her. I've trained her to nev...See More

        19 hours ago · 

      • Anita Askew Ryley, I feel your pain. Mimi & Papa and Grandma & Grandpa weren't even in the top 50. Unless of course I'm paying for a pedicure. By the way, Ryley, your grandparents all think you are very funny!!!
        3 hours ago · 

      • Anita Askew As a very wise woman once said, "You just can't win as a mom. I try to be nice and this is the thanks I get."
        2 hours ago · 

      • Lana Rush Hey now - I SAID that the 100 blessings on the blog was in no particular order!!! This is the last time I try to share how blessed I am with you people! Gee whiz....
        2 hours ago · 

      • Travis Maclay I haven't looked yet, but I sure hope somewhere that I made the top 100 :-)
        2 hours ago · 

      • Anita Askew Sorry, Travis. You may not want to look.
        about an hour ago · 

      • Lana Rush Travis, I was saving you for the 200th post "list of blessings" but after all this negative feedback, I'm re-thinking the whole thing.
        about an hour ago · 

      • Lana Rush And Mom, even though the list is in no particular order, I could be persuaded to bump you up if you send me money for a pedicure.
        about an hour ago · 




  • On a completely different note, I'm reluctantly watching American Idol this season. 
Last season was so awful and so boring that I vowed I wouldn't watch it again.  But I find myself being sucked in, despite my efforts otherwise.

Of course, the draw of this year was to see how Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez did as judges.

That Jennifer has the most gorgeous "glowy"skin and it makes me quite jealous, to be totally honest.

As for Steven, I've never really been a huge fan of his.  He has quite the potty mouth and "bad-boy" reputation.

And while those things are still true, he has now become one of my favorite celebrities.

Before you think I've lost my mind, let me tell you why.

Or rather, let me show you.

Listen to this incredible young man named Chris Medina tell his story.




As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I am truly blessed by people who have a soft spot for individuals with special needs.

And I think it's pretty obvious that Steven Tyler does.

He didn't just shake that young lady's hand. He got down close to her face, talked to her, and loved on her.

Cynics will say he did it because cameras were rolling but I don't think so.

I think we got a glimpse of a tender heart.

And for that... I'm a fan, Steven.

As for Chris, he is truly one of the unsung heroes out there.  What a beautiful picture of unconditional love and commitment.

It's a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...