Saturday, December 18, 2010

Life's Little Mysteries... Christmas Edition

Why is it that....

  • no matter what's inside, kids always seem to like the box better than the actual gift?
  • no matter what their age, kids get wildly excited about a big roll of bubble wrap?
  • when I take the time to make bows, no one even notices?
  • my kids revolt if I even mention decorating the tree "country style"?
  • no matter where I hide gifts, Reagan finds them?
  • I spend money on lovely wrapping paper only to find it ripped off and thrown in the trash?  It's just like firecrackers - watching your money go up in smoke.
  • everyone needs socks and underwear but no one wants to find them in their stockings?
  • a 17 year old can sleep until noon every day of the year except Christmas morning?
  • Reagan knows how to search my computer history to see what gifts I might have ordered online for her but she can't seem to make up her bed?
  • if we don't spend $2000 to have our entire home covered in professionally installed Christmas lights, we look like the Scrooges of our neighborhood?
  • we always have to leave milk and cookies for Santa when he'd much rather have brisket or chips and queso?
  • I can remember the "12 Days of Christmas" but I can't remember what I walked into the kitchen to do?
  • if I suggest making something different for Christmas morning breakfast, my kids act like I just said I don't love them anymore?
  • my husband thinks I'm perfectly capable of handling all our finances but totally inept at putting lights on the tree?
Have some little mysteries around your house?  Let me hear them!
What Do You Eat in a GFCF House?

Breakfast:
So Delicious Brand Coconut Milk Yogurt
Scrambled Eggs

Lunch:
Egg Salad Sandwich
Pop Chips

Supper:
Grilled Salmon
Broccoli & Cauliflower
Wild Rice

Snack:
Monkey Munch*

*especially delicious item


1 comment:

  1. It's all part of the grand scheme. You LET your husband THINK you can't put lights on the tree. Sort of like you do Ryan about ironing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...