Thursday, October 14, 2010

Who Loves Lily?

For those of you who don't know, Ryan is in the process of writing a book called "Walls".  It's in the very final stages of editing and is scheduled for release in February.  It's pretty exciting around our house as the final countdown begins!

You know how you pick up a book and flip over to the back cover to read what all those famous people think about the book?

Well, Ryan just finished collecting those endorsements for his book.  And while all of them have been wonderful, one of them stood out head and shoulders above the rest.  It will go down as my all-time favorite book endorsement ever!

Ryan met Richard Ross a couple years ago at the first D6 Conference.  He was very impressed by him and they have kept in touch.

For those of you not familiar with Dr. Ross, he is the man who founded the entire True Love Waits movement.  Pretty impressive resume, huh?!?  He is also the professor of student ministry at Southwestern Seminary.

I thought I would share his incredible endorsement with you and I think you'll see why I am now his biggest fan!

When Ryan Rush’s daughter Lily is a little older, I want to meet her. I want to look her in the eyes and say, “Your life is full of meaning and purpose for a thousand reasons. But among those reasons is this—your early years enriched and refined the mind of your daddy. You helped him learn how to tell all of us how to bring down the walls of our lives through faith grounded in God’s promises. Every time a wall comes down somewhere, you were part of that. I am so glad you are on earth.” Each person who reads Walls will understand those words, and will probably stand in line with me to speak to Lily.


Richard Ross, PhD, professor of student ministry at Southwestern Seminary, www.RichardARoss.com

Wow!

OK - anybody that says those kinds of things about my sweet Lily Bird is a pretty special person to me!  And giving props to Ryan doesn't hurt, either.

These words make a momma proud!



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful words about a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more! BTW - just added myself as a follower to your new blog, which is lovely, I must say!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...