Friday, October 22, 2010

To: Lana From: God

I was doing my daily 3.3 mile walk/run on Town Lake this morning when God spoke to me.

OK - that's not actually true.

I don't walk/run 3.3 miles at Town Lake every single day.  I mean, I am a pastor's wife so I can't walk/run on Sunday mornings because I'm at church.

Well, that's not exactly true either.

I try to walk/run 3.3 miles at Town Lake three times a week and am ecstatic and consider myself to be an incredible athlete if I make it twice a week.

I don't think any marathons are in my future.

But I digress....

The point is God spoke to me this morning.

I was walking by myself so I was wearing my I-pod on which there is quite a wide variety of music.  Hootie and the Blowfish, Brad Paisley, the Go-Gos, dc Talk, Billy Joel....  The shuffle feature is quite exciting because you never know what you're gonna get.

So I'm just walking/running along, minding my own business when a song I haven't heard in quite some time begins to play - Climb On (A Back That's Strong) by Caedmon's Call.

And God gets my attention.

While the lyrics are good, there is a particular line in the song that I think is in there just for me.  It says:

"Then you could be the woman you need
If you just let me be the man that I am"

This is God's message straight to me.  I can just hear Him saying so patiently:

"Lana, Lana, Lana - all this stuff you're doing may be good but remember, all you really need is Me.  I am going to give you more than you can handle because I don't want you to handle it!  If you will just give it all to Me,  relax and let me be God, you'll become the woman you need to be."

Ahhh... so simple but so difficult sometimes.

Take a deep breath.  Give it up.  Let it go.  Leave it alone.

And walk/run those 3.3 miles with a much lighter step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...