Monday, September 27, 2010

Correction

I'd like to begin by pointing out a couple things from yesterday's post.  It was kindly brought to my attention that I cannot count to 6 - see comments for further explanation.

Now, I find this quite ironic for a couple of reasons.

One, I was bragging about how I like to be the teacher.  In fact, I was a teacher waaaaaaay back before I had my daughters.  After reading the previous post, it seems scary now that people trusted me with the education of future generations.

I would now like to issue an apology to those students.

To the best of my recollection, I don't believe I taught any of you to count... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6.... but I am over 40 now and my memory is shaky, I admit.

Two, I was also making sure my dad felt like the money he paid for my college education was well spent.  I feel certain he's having second thoughts about that now.

I would now like to issue an apology to my dad.  And no, you cannot have your money back.

I am going to resist the urge to go back and edit yesterday's post.  I would like to lead all of you to believe that I have it all together and make you daily wonder how I do it all.  But that is not true.  And as a pastor's wife, I guess I have to be honest.

So I am putting a little post-it note to myself on my computer that simply says:

"9/26"

It will just be a sweet little reminder to always be willing to laugh at myself - and believe me, there will be plenty of opportunities for that here!

And next Sunday, the post just might be titled "Seven Things I've Learned About...."  But we'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...